Monday 15 August 2011

Post 30, Monday 15 August: Resuming the ride!

Dear all

Just a brief update.... Following various applications of creams by Nurse Janet, my butt is a lot better. In fact sufficiently so for me to resume the ride tomorrow; I had a short test ride this afternoon, and I think I will be OK.

So kind Sue will drive Janet and me, plus bike and panniers, back to Marblemount tomorrow morning. We have decided to split the journey to the finish, at Anacortes, into two days, so we will all stay tomorrow night in Sedro-Woolley. That will make for a 50 mile day tomorrow, and 30 miles on Wednesday. And Sue and Janet won't be far away with the support vehicle, should things become too difficult for me.....

So my next Post will, I hope, bring news of completing the journey right across the Continent ("from sea to shining sea"), and dipping the wheel in the Pacific. That will be good!

Let's hope so, Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment